SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

Upshot on the designer monkey wrench in my backsplash plan

melissastar
13 years ago

Yesterday I tried to confirm the fairly casual agreement for an appointment I had with that designer who wanted me to put stone tile with my Motawi accent tiles. But no one was answering the phone or returning calls. I finally drove to the store because it was my only day at home this week (live in Balt., work in DC) and they aren't open on Sat. But I found the store wasn't open.. Apparently, it's just opening to the retail trade.

So today I called their store in another town to make an appointment with a designer for this Sat. Upon discovering that this store didn't have Motawi samples there, I abandoned the idea and we just talked through my plan. Turns out this designer frequently uses glossy finish subways with Motawi accents, saw NO problem with it, endorsed my original plan (with minor adaptations along the lines of what some of you suggested) and I ended up ordering the remaining Motawi tiles needed right over the phone.

Just goes to show you I guess....if one designer doesn't "get" you...try another! Thanks again for all the help. Can't wait till it's done! He says 8-10 weeks for the tile to come in though....argghhhh.

Tomorrow, I'll try to order the Ann Sacks field tiles over the phone. Hope they are as cooperative! By the way, in case anyone is interested...I found an earlier thread about pricing on Ann Sacks that contained a lot of conflicting info. Just to ADD to the confusion. The store in Georgetown, Washington DC confirmed for me that the Basics line... which includes the Cappriccio subway tiles are indeed $12 a sf. Lucky me...that was the absolute MAXIMUM by budget could stretch too. And the backsplash is my big splurge!

Comment (1)