SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Four countertop surfaces...too much or charming?

lavender_lass
11 years ago

Now that I have a plan for the kitchen (and it ended up bigger than originally anticipated) I'm wondering if four surfaces will be too many? I like unfitted kitchens and I want each surface to provide a specific use.

Here's the plan...
{{gwi:1856765}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

I like the wood cabinets with the green island, but I'd like to brighten it up with some white, too. So, I'm thinking green island, white cabinets on the L-shape and wood for the baking area and the shelves by the fireplace.
{{gwi:1853619}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Here's the bunny tile backsplash...
{{gwi:1448093}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And, I'm thinking ceramic tile countertop on the L-shape in this blue...
{{gwi:1664381}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And absolute black granite for the baking area...which is also where the microwave will be.

Here's my inspiration for the island (green with butcher block top) and marble table. Ignore all the blue, copper, diamond windows and bull's head (LOL)
{{gwi:1448525}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And, with the green island, I'd like to do something similar to Julie's honey colored maple...except with a white prep sink.
{{gwi:1448528}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And a pot rack over the island...
{{gwi:1448518}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

So...I've got three cabinet colors (counting the wood) four countertop/surfaces...and white appliances. Oh, and wood floors, brick fireplace and white windows/trim. Unfitted, unbalanced (in more ways than one) or charming?

Comments (47)