SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gailrolfe

Cabinets in Southern California

gailrolfe
15 years ago

This is my third time posting this message and I'm not sure why it's not going through....I've never had the problem before. I guess it's lucky for readers though as each time the message gets shorter and shorter! :-) I am "graduating" from appliance shopping to cabinets, countertops and flooring, cabinets first, I guess and have a few questions:

1. How common is it that a non-refundable payment needs to be made in order to get a cabinet quote? The first two places I went, Home Expo and Plaza Kitchens in Pasadena, both require that and I don't feel I'm sure enough yet of my choices to want to commit that kind of money but I am curious as to what range I'm in with my initial preferences...the only one that has offered a free quote, of course, is a very high-end guy.

2. I have been told that CA environmental regulations mean that the finishes on CA-made cabinets are not as good as those made in the Midwest and East. Supposedly, I could use fingernail polish remover on a non-CA made cabinet and not have it affect the finish...which of course doesn't seem too relevant but maybe it is? Does anyone know more about how real the difference in finish quality is?

3. If there is anyone else who is in the LA/San Gabriel Valley area of SoCal, I'd love to know what cabinets places you recommend. I would like to find a line that does inset cabinets, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES