SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tootiepugsmom

I'm SERIOUSLY confused about the kitchen sink......

tootiepugsmom
13 years ago

Ok guys! I really need help! (pretty pretty please)

I'm getting ready to start shopping for granite but I wanted to purchase my faucet and sink first. My intent is to purchase the Ticor S508 undermount SS sink.....

(Exterior Dimensions: 30-5/8" x 18")

And the Delta 978-SD-DST Leland faucet

So.... What has me confused is that I saw a post a week or so ago about "trying to stuff an decent size sink in a 24 inch cabinet" and now I'm thinking there must be something that I don't know that will prohibit my two choices from fitting in my cabinet space?!? :(

I measured the inside of my kitchen sink cabinet and it is exactly 23 inches from the back wall to the front of the cabinet and 33 inches wide from side to side.

I'm not worried about the sink fitting width wise as the description says "Minimum Sink Base Cabinet Required:31-5/8"" and my cab width is 33 inches. Plenty of room, right?

What i'm worried about is fitting the sink and faucet in "depth" wise. (from front to back) If the depth of the sink is 18 inches and I'm guessing the faucet will take about 2 inches shouldn't that leave me with 3 additional inches of room in a 23 inch cabinet? Or am I missing something??

Any help from those of you who have already been through this would be GREATLY appreciated! :))

Comments (10)