SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Slightly OT fun: post your dream floor plan!

shannonaz
14 years ago

Simply put, do you guys have dream kitchen or home floor plans? What makes them ideal? What challenges do they solve? How do they make life easier? What gives them charm?

Long-winded: Someday we want to build a dream home for our family. We may never do it...but if my remodel projects are any indication, I will need to plan and think about it for YEARS! I have been pretty happy with our remodels. I think we have been resourceful and creative with the space and layouts we had to start with. When I think of my dream kitchen it is always a version of my current kitchen with (some big) tweaks. I just can't think "from scratch". I am not even great at immediately seeing the "problems" with floor plans. My in laws live in a fancy house designed by a popular high-end architect. It is, in my opinion, a beautiful disaster :) So I really feel the need to have a lot of my own ideas and develop and eye for "problems" before I go that route. I also just love looking at floor plans and reading critiques of floor plans. There are so many posters on this forum with a great eye and a great sense of space. What are your dream floor plans? Why? Drawings are great, but descriptions are great too!

Comment (1)