SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_2006

backsplash indecision reigns supreme - need advice

anna_2006
15 years ago

Getting together a backsplash seems to be a tough thing for many people, but for me, it is getting worse. I have made things even more confusing by now considering a full height granite backsplash (this was my original intention, but DH fell in love with the Golden Beach granite and at counter installation time, I decided that it might be too busy).

So I am turning to you all for advice. I have a two-tone kitchen - walnut wood stained chocolate for the island and a pantry armoire and a buffet and hutch. The island has antique brown granite. The area where the backsplash will go is under the creamy(?) cabinets. There we already have Juparana Golden Beach granite. We cannot seem to decide on tiles. While I was wondering aloud, I decided to call the granite yard to see if they had any more of this block of granite and lo and behold, they have one more slab. I don't know if this is a good sign or if it just confusing me even more?!

I am a bit hesitant about using the granite since it is so busy. I quickly took some (awful) photos of the backsplash where there is a tile board and also where you can see two squares of granite pieces (they are not matching, I just put them together for this photo). Any opinions? Based on my readings here, I know that the opinions are usually split on whether one should use granite for a full height backsplash. I would appreciate greatly if you could look at the photo below and give me your opinion about the tiles, about the granite, about using different coloured tiles, patterns, etc... Please be honest - I am ready for everything.

If you know of photos showing busy granite backsplashes, please direct me there.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH