SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleur222

white cabinets, countertop suggestions, marble?

fleur222
14 years ago

These are the choices I am currently considering for a countertop with white cabinets. Would love to hear suggestions.

Black granite or even ceasarstone. I love the contrast with the white and have seen it in pictures of finished kitchens, but am not sure black is the way I want to go. I like soapstone in pictures, but do not think I want the texture or green of soapstone.

Grey or dark grey. Just like the color. No specifics here.

Marble. Love the feel of marble. Love the look... blakey's and cosmomilkshake's kitchens, as beautiful examples. But, I am not sure if they are practical enough for me. I do not have a future budget for any countertop changes if there are problems with staining or cracking for example. And every kitchen place and stone/granite place tells me that they do not recommend or guarantee marble. I have priced out granite. Is marble comparable? And they also ask "Do you cook?" Ha! Yes, I would say I cook, and I use lemon juice to cook with fairly often too.

Finally, there is a 2 seat peninsula at the end of a U shape to my layout. And it seems even less practical at the peninsula. Not sure I can see spending the money on marble, then telling DH we have to be very careful not to spill anything on it! Can anyone share their experience with having marble for a long time?

Dark wood. Well, I am one of those that likes to consider all of the options.

Sandy colored something...

Also would like to know why you chose honed over not.... preference for look, maintenance, or does it read more casual or formal and that was the reason?

Thanks.

Comments (5)