SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krisse145

Shaw sink/Countertop Quandary. Please help asap!

krisse145
12 years ago

My husband installed a single basin Shaws apron sink, and yesterday we had the countertops installed (quartz...not sure if that will matter). After the installation I noticed that the amount of edging showing around the sink is different on both sides. On the left-hand side, there is 1/4 of an inch exposed, and on the right-hand side it starts off at 1/4 of an inch exposed, and then expands to 3/4 being exposed (so in other words, it goes from small to large, and looks uneven compared to the opposite side). I talked to the installer and he said that because the sink is crooked, that's the appearance that it will have. I know Shaw sinks can have some imperfections, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem, and if you were able to get it fixed so the countertop edging was even all the way around the sink. Answers or advice ASAP would be greatly appreciated! The installer is coming back today between 4 and 6, and I need to be prepared! : ) Much thanks for any (and all) advice!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!