SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Anyone have a 48x40 inch (or close) wood island top???

pupwhipped
12 years ago

My little island is a bit dinky, but it is what it is. I have had a piece of particle board on top of it for TWO YEARS! It is way passed time to purchase a wooden top...but I'm scared. LOL! I've looked at many of the online sources, but didn't have the nerve to just order on my own, so I had a decorator come out to help me. She suggested buying nine foot wide pine boards from Lowe's and having this guy make me a top. We could stain it whatever color and make it around two inches thick. I'm interested in a very distressed, beat to hell and back look.

Does anyone out there have an island top similar to my dimensions? Could you share a pic if you do? Also, any thoughts out there about my decorator's suggestion? Pine? Uh, I'm not sure about that...and nine inch wide boards???

I know everyone loves pics and I could share those if anyone is interested. My cabinets are Decora Antique Bronze (cream...almost yellow, with a reddish glaze) and this island has beadboard on it in this finish. For the life of me I can't remember the name of my granite, but it's a brown tone...very descriptive, I know. It will come to me. Anyway, I would love and adore any thoughts that anyone has. BTW, I am not interested in cutting on this wood top.

TIA,

pup

Comments (9)