SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katieob_gw

Island color & stools~Help please....

katieob
14 years ago

Hi all.

We broke ground on our new home in December & things are rolling along to the finishing stage. Great news-except it is very easy & fun to "clip" posts and tear pages out of magazines. But, actually finalizing and executing it in your (hopefully forever) kitchen? Not so easy for me. So please chime in:

Plan: white, inset cabs with soapstone on the perimeter & walnut stained island ( 8 by 5 with four stools ) topped with 5cm honed calacatta marble.

I love "alliern's" kitchen & it was one of my inspirations. My kitchen set up is almost identical to hers & my cabinet maker is basically copying her island (Thanks alliern!)

I am a bit stumped as to what stools I would use? I was planning on black all wood with an "X" back. Too dark with the dark island?

img src

This got me to thinking about doing the island in a color rather than the walnut stain. Maybe a french grey? Slate blue? What stools then?

img src

Floors are 8 inch wide heart pine.

Stools must be all wood.

Help. I cannot even ask my husband's opinion on this. He really won't care either way. He just wants me to love the kitchen & stop asking him to look at pictures of islands :)

Thanks as always,

Katie

Comments (7)