SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcoxmd

Hood plan-not perfect, but good enough? (X-posted in appliances)

jcoxmd
13 years ago

I just can't make myself pay 3K+ for a Modern Aire insert with inline blower, which would be custom sized for my 40" Lacanche Cluny. (The bid went up $1300 to have a "canopy" instead of a flat hood, so this is actually not ideal anyway.) I do like to cook,I do plan to use a wok and possibly get the grill plate eventually, and this is the first time I will have had ANY type of ventilation in my kitchen, other than a window! (In other words, I'm likely to be impressed with anything, but would like to have something effective.)

I have limited wall space on one side of the range, and so my KD wants me to use a 42" hood. My contractor is building a drywall/plaster surround. We are planning to mount the bottom of the hood at 30".

I am looking at using a Best by Broan 33" insert in a 42" liner, bumping out from the wall to cover the front burners. I realize the width of the insert is less than optimal, and that without having upper cabinets I will lose some effectiveness. I am hoping that increasing the power of the inline blower (planning 1100 CFM, Lacanche advises 600-900) will make up for the shortcomings.

Below is the rendering. Any thoughts? Will this be OK?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)