SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommyto4boys_gw

Finally--it hit me!

mommyto4boys
12 years ago

I finally had a "coming to my kitchen moment"!!! I have been looking for 2 years for inspiration and couldn't make a choice on finishes for anything. My heart skips a beat at white shaker cabinets in a period look yet somewhat modern countryish home. I have been fighting this with myself forever. I have always had an inner "kitchen devil" inside of me who would not let me walk down that road. It was something like.....Dh and I have always had stained perimeters, I couldn't possibly have inset doors, I don't want to copy a trend, Black and white are very nice-just not for us, we'll do what we have done in the past....etc.!!!

I had so many kitchen inspiration pictures, just kept thinking they weren't for me. I kept going back to the same pictures. I went to a parade of homes last evening and found myself in the middle of a kitchen and had a smile on my face. I was like, I can have this, this IS me, this DOES feel right!

I took pictures home and talked and shard with dh...I thought he would not be for this at all. He actually liked the kitchen....he liked the white shaker, inset perimeter cabinets with a honed black counter. He loved the dark stained island with the white counter. And we both loved the painted brick backsplash!!! He said he loves it too! Most of all he said, this is your "area," go with what you love, I trust you! I know I sound crazy, I just had a revelation....I can just follow my heart and get the kitchen of my dreams.

Has anyone else fought their self on their kitchen and have a hard time listening to what makes one happy? I think I was so worried to do something so out of the "box" for me and worried too much about copying a trend and also trying to make sure dh would be happy too! I was trying to just "settle" and not get what made me smile and my heart sing!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz