SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carynjay

new here....need help

carynjay
12 years ago

just found this site and love it! you all give great advice! i need help with my kitchen re-do. i love the look of carrara marble countertops. i've found porcelain tile that look similar at lowe's. i think those will work for our family better than real marble. we have a daughter and 3 sons, who are all boy ;) also porcelain will be more affordable. i'm just going to repaint our existing cabinets, but need new flooring. our dark stained wood floor shows everything! so i want to go much lighter there and i want tile floors. backsplash....thinking procelain marble look subway tile. walls maybe a light grayish blue. not sure if i want to paint both top & bottom cabinets white, or if i want to go black or gray on bottom. love the look of black, but don't want the same problem i have with the floor to be on the bottom cabinets....sooo i'm leaning toward gray there. we have a 100# yellow lab and his hair really shows on this current floor....i vacuum at least twice daily. but he's soooo sweet, i don't mind. if the floors were lighter, then it wouldn't show between vacuuming. i have a shark vac-n-steam, by the way, and i love it! we don't have any carpet. all oak and tile in baths.

sooooo with all being said, i need your thoughts/ideas. plzzz i'm going crazy with wondering what to do in the most used room of our house. if it helps, i love candice olson (hgtv) and i've discovered i love mcm, but not to the extreme. i will try to post pix of my current ugly kitchen....complete with 70's yellowish laminate countertops.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz