SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caryclan2

Sinks double vs single & name brand vs store brand

caryclan2
13 years ago

I hope this is not a repeat topic for you guys but I couldn't find anything on this subject with the search functions. :)) I am really torn between the double bowl sink and the super single style. I love my current sink which is an extra large 1 and 1/2 made by Americast. It was a cheap sink but has been a workhorse and very functional. I really liked it. So here we are putting a new kitchen in at our new home and I would like to have the composite granite sinks. I like the look of the store brand Pegasus at Home Depot, love the shape...although it is not as large as my current sink, and it does not come in a reverse layout. My dishwasher will be on the right in the new house and I do not want to drip water over everything that may be drying in the small side of the sink as I load the dishwasher. Next I looked at the Blanco at a fixture store, once again I love the granite but it also does not come in a reverse. The sales person showed me the Blanco Precis Super Single and I am not sure if I could function with just a single bowl. So my questions are:

1. Pegasus (I believe it is made by Blanco) quality vs Blanco Silgranit

quality. Big Box store vs fixture store?

2. Double bowl vs single bowl, thoughts, loves, dislikes?

3. Anyone have the diswasher on the right side of the 1 1/2 sink layout? Like

or dislike?

And finally.....anyone like the sinks with the low spillway? I think there is a

Swanstone sink that I have seen that I like the way it looks. ( love the curves)

Sorry for the LONG POST I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the decessions that need to be made for the new kitchen.! Help! :))

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert