SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcward89

First Big Uh Oh...

dcward89
9 years ago

So we had our first big uh oh of our kitchen remodel yesterday. My brother-in-law (who is a contractor and plumber by trade) has been helping us with this huge DIY project. He was over yesterday and I get this text from him:

"I screwed up your end panel on the fridge. Not at all kidding. I will see what I can do about fixing it. If I cannot I will get you a new panel."

Well, my heart stood still for a moment. I calmly texted back and asked what happened. He responded that he was installing the small piece of trim that goes above the fridge to make it look more built in and like an idiot (his words, not mine) he used the wrong size screws and after screwing in 3 of them, he realized they were going completely through the end panel. Again, my heart stood still for a moment.

I said do what you can and we'll talk when I get home. When I got home it wasn't near as bad as I expected it. He had filled in the holes with wood filler. It wasn't exactly the right color but he was still working on it and was mixing two different colors of filler together to customize the color some more. He promised that if I was not happy with the repair he would purchase a new panel so I went to bed praying that he could fix it satisfactorily because taking it out and replacing it would not be a simple fix. He continued working on it. I'm not even sure how long he worked on it last night.

Well, I got us this morning and...

instead of stopping, my heart sung!!! I didn't even see it on first glance. Of course I know it's there and I can pick it out but it's an excellent repair and no need to replace the panel. I'm sure his heart sung too when I texted him that this morning!!!

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!