SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djhinva

ABB - Almost finished kitchen �' could not wait any longer!

Heritage Chrome
11 years ago

So yes..I've joined the All But the Backsplash club! Still working out the eat-in area. Still searching for a table. May have to wait on the banquette too since we're about tapped out. Maybe I just wont send my daughter to college this fall? Option? Hmmmmm....(Kidding!!).

Um details..

THANK YOU GWer's for your patience, wonderful comments. As well as your kind thoughts and prayers for Maddie (she suffered a stroke we think, at the end of the first week of demo)..she's all good (just a bit of a tilt still, but she's with us, happy and that's all that matters)

Specifics:

Contractor/KD: OHI Design of Manassas VA. (5 weeks complete?!? WOW!)

Cabinets: Norcraft Maple, Antique White paint (their standard), semi-custom. 36" with molding; 2 Super-Susan corners, 36" Pantry has sliders, wall corner "pie". The other base cabs are drawers (thank you GW!) and one narrow base (9" for step stool), Trash pull out. All interiors have after-market bamboo inserts, (still working on that)

Granite: Brushed black pearl, eased 1/4" edge (slab from DalTile in Chantilly, VA, TGM Fabricators Fredericksburg, VA)

Floor: Armstrong Luxury Vinyl 16x16 tiles, Alterna Charcoal, grout color mist

Hardware: Pennington Bar pulls from TopNobs in Brushed Silver Nickel - two sizes

Faucet: Moen 87313SRS Finley High Arc Pull-down spray

DW: Kenmore stainless

Fridge: Samsung, French Door Counter depth Stainless.

Range: Waiting till it dies..old Kenmore, same with the hood and MW

Backsplash (will be): Grazia Essence 5x5" Felce green (Re-Store $20 find a-la CFFreeman!!), 1x2" Black glass subway fringe details, Essenze Magnolia subway. Comp/mock-up in the gallery.

Paint: BM Hancock Green

Trim..bright white gloss, Cabinet trim will match cabinets color, BM Matched

10 can lights, no pendants, under-cabinets are Xenon (I think) all on dimmers; Sink can on it's own switch.

Two specialty USB charging outlets (best buy ever!!)

I think that covers it

The hardwoods in the rest of the house are Shaw Brazilian Cherry.

Link to Picasa album: http://bit.ly/DJHinVAKitchen

Thank you all so much a thousand times. I learned SO MUCH.

DH says never, EVER again... and I feel that I've just gotten my feet wet. On my way to TKO I check here every morning. This next week may get a bit crazy with graduation, party and guests..back splash install etc... but I'll try to answer what I can if there are more questions.

Oh and just on a side note..though I don't like to talk money..in an area that's infamously-outrageous for costs in and outside of the beltway..we believe we've accomplished this for under $40K. Still personally stunned nevertheless (for the amount..since this is a small reno and I never imagined spending that amount on ANYTHING ever!)

That's all! Have a great Sunday.

Comments (25)