SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Too many SS appliance handles?

charlikin
15 years ago

I'm trying to choose appliances for my tiny galley kitchen. All the appliances will be along the left wall - as you walk in, first the refrigerator, then dishwasher, sink, and range with OTR microwave.

So far I've chosen a top-freezer refrigerator with SS handles, a range with SS handles, and an OTR microwave with SS handles (all Frigidaire). Now I'm choosing the dishwasher. It seems there are a few styles, centering around *with* handles or *without* handles. Without handles usually has the controls on a black strip on the front panel. With handles is usually hidden controls. I've also seen handles AND a black control panel (too much going on), and handles with a SS control panel (better).

My question is, style-wise, if I get a d/w with handles, is it too many handles going on in a small space? I like SS handles, but even without the d/w, I've already got five of them between the other appliances... But maybe it's okay to have six, or is it too much? Is it that much easier to open a d/w door with a handle? (I've never had a d/w, so I'm clueless...)

Brand-wise, I'm considering Frigidaire Professional or Kitchenaid for the d/w. I know KA is much better, but it's also more expensive, and if I'm getting everything else Frigidaire, maybe I should stick to that for the d/w. (Though that would mean a SS handle - and a slightly different style one from the other appliances.)

Thanks in advance for all style advice! (I love that I can be crazy-obsessive here and everyone understands... ;-))

Comments (5)