SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pheebers_gw

30' sink base, is a D or rectangular sink better?

pheebers
14 years ago

We're redoing our kitchen completely -- keeping the fridge and dishwasher, but the walls are down to studs and everything else is new. Due to space, design, budget, etc, our sink base cabinet is 30", which means we're really limited in what we can put in.

We're going with granite, so it will be an undermount sink, and a Grohe Ladylux Plus faucet/soap dispenser. I was pretty sure up to today that I was going to want a D shaped bowl, but now I've awoken in a panic that it will just be too small.

My choices are either a rectangular bowl with interior dimensions of 23x18x9, or a D shaped bowl with interior dimensions of 24x21x9.

With a D shaped bowl, I assume the faucet & dispenser would go on either side, and I'm wondering if I would love that or find it annoying.... with a rectangular bowl & the faucet centered, I'm wondering if it would seem cramped around the faucet, and be more annoying to clean.

I appreciate all input and help! I'm a relatively new lurker and have found these forums invaluable with this project so far.

Comments (15)