SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktrud_gw

Could use some advice on layout....please critique!!

ktrud
14 years ago

I'm attaching some designs we've gotten for our kitchen. Our plumber is starting next week, so if I need to change anything I need to do it asap! I like most things about the layout, but the pantry wall is not sitting well with me...

Here's our plan in a nutshell: our kitchen sink wall looks out over a screen porch. At the end of the cabinet run there is a door to the porch (all glass). Opposite end of sink wall has fridge (Jenn Air Pro). The island will house our range (GE Cafe Dual Fuel) with telescoping vent. The bar height counter should be rectangular, but it's shown in plans as curved (we just don't like that). The area that's got us bothered most is the pantry wall. We want the walk in pantry door to line up with window inside, to filter light (all glass pantry door). We want a desk area near pantry, but what's not showing is the window the right of the desk. The doorways/windows cannot be changed.

North of the kitchen is the hallway to the front door, and the entry to the basement stairs. South the kitchen opens to the dining room and living room (one big, open space). I like the flow of the sink wall/island, but again the other wall isn't grand...the pantry needs to stay, but what can we do with desk area/microwave "station" to make it flow better?? We didn't have a better spot for the micro and didn't really want a low spot (DH is tall and didn't want it at his knees! and didn't want it in kitchen sink wall to disrupt flow of cabinetry).

We really wanted a nice desk area with at least one file drawer, spot for bulletin board, mail drop, etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Layout photos

Comments (14)