SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiequsie60_gw

Problem with sink...

SusieQusie60
12 years ago

Wow - this is a hard one for me to write. I've got to just blurt it out:

I found a crack in my brand new Blanco Cascade Performa Super Single Silgranit sink. I saw it first thing this morning. I'd swear it wasn't there when I went to bed last night. I thought it was some type of a spider web when I saw it this morning. Very thin, but about 12" long. From the back inside corner of the "shelf" down the backside to almost the floor of the sink, going towards the other back corner. I am pretty devastated.

Now, you might remember that my sink base is NOT the 36" size which Blanco says to use and which I was expecting; it was installed in our 31" sink base because of the bump-out. I did discuss with my husband the possibility of voiding the Blanco warranty by installing it in the 31" base - but that's water under the bridge. And, it's actually almost beside the point because I truly can't even imagine taking out my new granite countertops to replace the sink.

I e-mailed Blanco first thing this morning, and they've already e-mailed me back, asking us to contact them by phone. My husband is going to call (perhaps he already has.) I'm thinking that maybe we can repair the crack? I can live with it visually, but I obviously can't live with a possible leak or more damage stemming from it.

As I said, my husband and I are really bummed about this. It was one of those situations this morning when I knew I had to stay nice and calm and keep it in perspective so that he would do the same. Basically, I gave him one of my favorite lines for situations like this:

No one is dead; no one is in the hospital; no one is in rehab!!

He actually repeated it back to me on the phone a little while ago as part of what is keeping him calm. I will keep you informed.

A very sad SQ

Comments (16)