SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmwbcc

What would you do with our kitchen? Pic included

dmwbcc
13 years ago

Okay, finally closed on the house and took out the wall within days. Plumbing will move, as will the heat register on the floor. No framing left either. SO, we're left with a large(r) open space.

{{gwi:1883729}}

When taking this pic, I am standing in the dining room. To my right is our "front room", straight ahead is our den. The doorway to the left of the range is the laundry room, with an exit to the back yard. However, the den also has an exit to the back yard. Behind the range is a powder bath (in the WORST spot ever. When on the seat you can see out the front door.)

Measurements are approx:

Width (left to right in pic) 14ft

Depth 11ft

Area where range is now 67 inches

I'd LOVE to keep the walkway to the right of the room, from dining to den open. I'd love to see the range relocated due to traffic patters from the den through the kitchen to the back door. I'm "planning" on moving the washer and dryer down to the basement, so that area will be open for pantry or something else?!?!?!

Thoughts? What is an ideal layout? I don't need barstools but wouldn't mind them, but appreciate the scoot out factor. We're able to move everything but the sink, which I do LOVE centered on the window. "Soffits" have to stay- I know... sorry! The one over the sink is actually a "bump out" with a support header in it and the one over the range has sewer pipes in it. I was "kinda" thinking no uppers but it's not a large kitchen so I think I need them for storage.

What would you do? Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)