SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tatter_gw

Beautiful green soapstone installed (pic heavy)

tatter
13 years ago

Finally! My soapstone counter tops are IN! What a long road, but it was totally worth the wait. Today was picture day. Plenty of both waxed and unwaxed stone to show everyone (I'm using Dorado's dry wax instead of mineral oil). Unlike those who want "quiet black" soapstone, I wanted green with lots of veining and movement. And that's exactly what I got! I LOVE IT! Let the slide show begin (except I should note that my wood floors aren't nearly this yellow. They're actually more of a deeper reddish-orange color that complements the reddish tones of the cherry cabinets quite nicely. For some reason my camera refused to show the true color.)

First, a photo of the whole (well, half) the kitchen (which is still in progress by the way -- still no backsplash in or half the appliances), with unwaxed stone --

Now a similar view with the counter tops waxed --

When I started waxing I did a big swipe to show the difference between the waxed and unwaxed stone --

One of the small side counter tops, unwaxed --

Same small counter top, waxed (wow I sure love these thick chunky deep white veins!!!) --

There are a few spots on the stone that have these large flecks of what looks like bronze metal. It's probably just large flecks of mica, but it reads like embedded metal (which just about leaves me silly, I love it so much) --

These last pictures are just various shots of the waxed counter top. I tried to get views of the various colorations and veins and spots and marvelous wonderment of this beautiful stone :) --

Comments (49)