SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamrock_gw

Above oven vertical slotted storage

jamrock
11 years ago

Hi all.

Still at it with punch list work, including cabinet & drawer inserts.

I am trying to figure out my over the ovens vertical slotted storage for muffin pans, baking pans, baking sheets, etc. (to have them stand on their sides like I have seen in many of your kitchens).

In case it matters, my over oven cabinet is one door that lifts up & stays up until pulled down.

For those of you with this type of storage, how wide are each of your slots and do you find that size to be suitable?

Also, are those slots as deep as the cabinet or is there a false back to that kind of storage?

Obviously too wide is better than too narrow because I can double or triple up on the pans in each slot, but it is hard and annoying to have to squeeze something in that doesn't quite fit.

I know that I can measure the pans I currently own and base my decision on that but I need some help. (Ex. - I have a 3 yr old & have only baked mini muffins. If some day I buy normal/big muffin pans, how thick/deep are those?)

I have seen pictures of some adjustable ones here but am afraid my cabinet maker will charge me an arm and a leg for that. Looks pricey...

Any info, recommendation, suggestion and pictures will be greatly appreciated.

I need to email my cabinet maker on this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (24)