SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1368810

white (but not wood-paneled) Sub-zero/kitchen look & feel help

User
10 years ago

Hi all,

I'm needing to make a decision on the appliances for our upcoming kitchen remodel and it looks like we are heading for a Sub-Zero. However, neither my husband nor I really care for the stainless look and in our relatively small kitchen it seems like the refrigerator will have a big presence. I know we could panel the fridge to match the cabs but we don't feel like that would be right for our kitchen. What we would like would be a Sub-zero, but white. I have seen a couple of pictures of white Sub-zeros but they seem to be mostly in kitchens remodeled a couple of decades ago. Would this be a bizarre choice, today?

Some background... It's a 1914 house, but sad to say pretty much no original features are left in the current kitchen, so I'm currently planning on white shaker cabinets with counters of either Frosty Carrina or London Grey Caesarstone (leaning towards Frosty Carrina). For the floors, we've been considering Marmoleum, and the leading contender among the colors so far is Relaxing Lagoon. I have a lot of colorful vintage kitchen accessories--Pyrex bowls, Jadeite, yellow Kitchenaid, etc.--and it's important for us to have a kitchen where they can feel at home and it seems like wood paneling on the fridge would be too formal. I'm attaching pix of a couple of the "greatest hits" from my kitchen (unfortunately I don't think that table will have a home in the new kitchen) along just so you can see our general aesthetic along with a clip of the Marmoleum.

Any thoughts, on the fridge or anything else?

From 2013-06-29
From 2013-06-29

Comments (18)