SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahacca_gw

Pendants or track lighting?

11 years ago

I'm trying to make some decisions and keep busy while LITERALLY waiting for my ship to come in. I know pendants are SO popular for lighting over islands and I know I can find some really pretty ones to look really great in my space once it is complete. However, I'm worried about a few things:

1. Are most all pendants a downcast of light in a fairly small space?

2. Is there a minimum distance they should be hung from the counter top?

3. Will they look right in this space?

Here is my kitchen: stone will be put in with a 12 inch overhang breakfast bar, but layout is the same. The peninsula where the island will be is also my workspace. My concern is that there won't be enough light from pendants and it may be odd-like how would I hang them? Toward the work space or toward the breakfast area? In the middle? That seems stupid. It seems like a track would be much more functional as you can aim spots or floods at various places. Or would you do a pendant/track hybrid here? THe cans are on the INTERIOR of the workspace area as there was a set of upper cabinets above the peninsula that we removed.Also we have the issue of the ceiling fan that is nearby. In years to come that will probably be removed, but I don't want some monstracity of a light fixture above the peninsula AND the ceiling fan so close by.HELP!

Comments (5)