SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
provenance_gw

Granite to go with multicolor slate floor & cherry cabs?

provenance
14 years ago

We are finishing our house, and I just started looking at granite. There are so many choices! We would love suggestions for best granite to go with our kitchen. We want to stay in low to mid cost range, not too high.

Our new kitchen has natural Indian Multi-color slate on the floor and cherry cabinets (medium pecan finish). The 1st floor is open-plan, so the kitchen is very visible from the dining and living areas. Sherwin-Williams Blonde (golden) on most walls. Across living area from kitchen is darker gold wall with slate tiles surrounding fireplace.

I had initially thought of something like Uba Tuba or Verde Butterfly. But looking today at the granite slabs, what I really like are the colors that have a lot of large movement (swirls, etc). There was a Verde Savana with a lot of gray green and large gray swirls. I really liked a Crema Bordeaux with large cream, gold, and brown swirls.

The place today only had about 60 different granites, we are going to a very large granite place on Saturday. What should I look or ask for? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Amy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone