SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maydl

Need Help With Track Lighting

maydl
15 years ago

For our kitchen remodel we plan to use track lighting in two locations (first photo is pre-demolition):

AROUND 4 x 6 SKYLIGHT DIRECTLY ABOVE ISLAND IN SLOPED CEILING; FEED IS ABOUT 12 INCHES AWAY FROM THE SKYLIGHT TOWARD THE RIDGE LINE

ALONG LEVEL RIDGE LINE BEAM AT CENTER OF ROOM (TOP OF PHOTO)

{{!gwi}}

We would like the fixtures around the skylight to illuminate both ends of the island as well as to shed some light onto the cabinetry along the wall in the photo to help us see inside the cabinets when they are open.

We would like the fixtures along the ridge line beam to illuminate a dining table in the center of the room and a bar along the wall at the left, as well as give some ambient light.

We will be using line voltage track and want the brightest, most even light that is (a) dimmable and (b) as glare-free as possible. We need dimmable fixtures and bulbs because of California Title 24 regulations, and glare is a BIG issue for my aging eyes.

We would be grateful for any assistance from citizens of the Lighting Forum that will point us toward the manufacturers, fixtures, and bulbs that will give us the kind of light we're seeking.

[I posted this message first to the Lighting Forum, but traffic there is quite light most times, so I thought I'd try my luck as well on this busy forum.]

Comments (4)