SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiedawnpam_gw

Art Noveau Bathroom - Help Me Choose

prairiedawnpam
12 years ago

The small ensuite bathroom in our Neo-Victorian cottage is under construction. I need input on things we are about to do. Hubby is the very experienced contractor and we're going as we can afford pieces. Here are our choices, so far. Comments, please. Our budget is TEENY, so we won't be getting high-end stuff, as much as I love marble and travertine.

Posters for inspiration, especially colours. We may actually hang one of these. The tub has some dark green faux marble inlay in it, around the chrome fixtures, so we're working with that.

The room in progress, ready for drywall, tiles, fixtures, oh my! Framing, piping and wiring is done.

The jetted spa tub was a Kijiji find, $100 because of a scratch that the surround will cover.

Tiles and paint we purchased but haven't installed yet - tan with an orange hue

Tiles will go on floor, around the tub and maybe on the walls around the tub, too, unless we find another tile we like for the wall. Hubby has plans for shelves on the wall above the jetted tub that will even hold a small flat-screen tv. We could do wainscoting or beadboard around the tub.

Light Covers - Or maybe schoolhouse style?

Ikea frames, painted white - not purchased yet

For storage just outside of bathroom. What do you think?

I'm really stumped about the vanity. I had wanted to use the oak dresser with a vessel and wall-mounted taps above it, but apparently he's already piped for a vanity and counter-mounted taps, so he'd have to re-do the pipes or really butcher the dresser.

We have room for a 49" long vanity.

If we go with a vessel sink, this one is a find on Kijiji - not purchased yet

Taps? I'm not sure, but the price is right, $50 on Overstock - not purchased yet. These would go with a drop-in sink.

I already own taps that would work for a vessel if the taps need to be counter mounted.

What kind of window covering should I consider? Faux wood blinds? Or curtains? The bathroom is on the second floor. The window looks onto a narrow, South side yard and the neighbours kitchen window is below.

There could be a solid door or Hubby could do a curved, open archway into the bedroom.

Please let me know if you think I am going in the wrong direction with any of the choices before we go and spend more money. Thanks in advance.

...Pam

Comments (7)