SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulineinmn

Modern farmhouse counter stools

paulineinmn
12 years ago

I'm redoing my kitchen in my 1911 farmhouse-like house. It's not really a farmhouse (it's near a big city) but that's what I think of when I look at it. I'm trying to keep the kitchen true to the style of the house, which is pretty simple but with nice woodwork and built-ins. In the kitchen the upper cabs are cream, lowers are cherry, and counters are soapstone. The backsplash is painted wood with wainscoting between backsplash and upper cabinets. Light fixtures are clear glass with Edison bulbs. Floor is original maple floor, refinished but still very old-looking. Appliances are stainless (I'm waiting for my Bertazzoni range!).

So anyway...I have a curly cherry raised counter (I hate to call it a bar) that I need stools for. I'm looking for some chairs that will blend in with a farmhouse type kitchen but just a little more modern and interesting. I don't want a real country-kitchen look, more like an urban-farmhouse look. I'm not even sure what that means! I guess something that will blend in but also look updated.

I am thinking I'd like stationary chairs (the kids will just spin around and bang the chairs into the counter otherwise!), with backs but no arms. I'm thinking of these two styles, maybe in black to keep it less foofy and more modern/interesting. Does anyone have suggestions?

Comments (13)