SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brickton

Stove Wall Layout (Vote Please)

brickton
12 years ago

So our project continues to plod along happily. We are finally to the point of meeting with our cabinet maker and of course now two days before that we're questioning everything. Our layout is mostly set but the range wall has always felt a bit off to me.

Right now we have an asymmetrical one 30" cabinet on one side and the window on the other with a 36" hood that we bought off eBay (Thermador HSB36). It looks like this:

I've come to grips with the lack of symmetry but a stud that runs right through the middle of where the hood goes got me to thinking.

We're now considering moving the stove down towards the peninsula and doing 15" flanking cabinets above and below on either side of the range. First, are 15" cabinets worth while? Our cabinets are going to be frameless full overlay. Second, I'm planning to have 17-18" of counter space between the stove and the peninsula, in order to allow for spacers so all the drawers can open. Is that too close to the peninsula?

So in general to you vote for the first, or the second? And if you vote for the second are my concerns merely the phantoms of the stress of obsessing over this at 2AM last night whilst downing Nyquil?

The general layout of the kitchen looks something like this for reference (please ignore the blue circles, it was from a different question).

I appreciate all the help.

Comments (12)