SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windycitylindy

Anyone else irritated by Restoration Hardware's new policies?

windycitylindy
11 years ago

We went to our local Restoration Hardware to look at cabinet pulls. It turned out that they stock almost nothing any longer, so we ended up placing an order at the store. The order incurred a $50 shipping charge, which I found unusual for an order placed at the actual store. In my experience, stores usually don't charge for orders that you place at their stores for merchandise that they don't have.

The order arrived, and we ended up needing to return several (style that didn't work out, changed mind on size for a few cabinets, etc.) and ordered some new things. We went to the store for this, and were shocked to find out that the store won't issue a credit. Instead, they ship your merchandise back, and the company issues a credit in "a couple of weeks." I've ordered many, many things online and returned them at the brick-and-mortar store, and I've always had them credit the return back right away. Not at Restoration Hardware...

Then, when we finished detailing the new pieces we were trying to order in exchange for some of the returned items, we were shocked to be charged shipping AGAIN! Yet again, this is completely contrary to what I've experienced elsewhere on exchanges.

I left RH today feeling as if they've become a visibly very money-grubbing company--hanging on to the money for our returned items for a couple of weeks, charging shipping in situations where it's atypical to do so... It left a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm thinking that for the rest of our hardware purchases, we'll be looking elsewhere.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Comments (25)