SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tonic16

Overwhelmed - ideas thoughts please

tonic16
10 years ago

I am finally pursuing an 'update' to our 1980's kitchen, and am eagerly seeking the ideas of others. I acknowledge some 'strong feelings' about oak cabinets (see photo), but we have decided to keep it - we have oak throughout the entire house, and it is a part of the character of the home. The items we are considering are:
replacing current built in table and extending the cabinets and perhaps a counter height table to replace current.
replace counter tops - granite, or engineered stone? I'm thinking darker color?
New appliances. Recently had to replace fridge, and went stainless. Swap range for gas cooktop and double wall ovens (electric) or oven/microwave combination (place on wall where fridge is located - there is enough space)
Floors will be replaced with wood - distressed? Color? Brand?
Sink?
Will need to add a range hood; no idea what to consider - other than knowing it will be a wall mount - assuming it will go on wall where current range is.
Backsplash?

I did read the info pages at the start of this process - tried to revisit, but now receive an error message regarding the link. I also am uncertain of how to post more than one photo. Our kitchen is an active place, function and 'family' are the words that come to mind when I think about the project. I welcome the ideas of others as I begin what seems like an overwhelming process. Thanks in advance.

Comments (13)