SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petepie1_gw

Help needed on backsplash choice - pictures

petepie1
13 years ago

Hello,

After searching all over for a backsplash (and considering all types of tile), I think I've found two potential winners and would like opinions on them. I apologize for the dark pictures, the kitchen is not that dark, just looks it in the pics. The cabinets are cream, island is espresso stained wood, granite is Giallo Ornamental.

While deciding on a backsplash, I painted the walls in a basic taupey-beige. I found that it looks kind of blah in the backsplash area, so I'm thinking I need more color or pattern than I originally thought. I was going to go with a 2x4 or 3x6 cream or honed marble subway, but now am leaning towards more pattern.

Please let me know what you think!

Sorry about the dark pictures - the kitchen is lighter than it appears here!

So here's what I've got:

Choice #1 is 5/8 square mosaic in shades of dark brown, cream/yellow, and white. The colors go very well with the Granite. I just am not sure if it is too busy for the granite. We would do the whole backsplash, and take it up to the ceiling behind the hood.

Choice #2 is a 1x2 mosaic (the lower one on the sample board -- I would run it horizontally, but the board only fits by turning it on its side). Brown & cream glass frosted and clear tiles, with some onyx stone tiles mixed in. Somehow, I'm thinking this one looks busier than the first -- maybe the larger blocks of color.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!