SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

mudroom question / request pics of mudroom lockers

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

Does anyone have mudroom lockers that were made by the cabinet company? If so, do you like them? Can I see pictures?

We bought an old house with a mudroom which I absolutely love; it is one of the features that made us buy the house. The lockers for the kids' things are just old (circa 1960) cabinets with the doors taken off. On the other wall right now is my laundry, but in this remodel the laundry is moving out and the 2nd wall will be my office.

{{!gwi}}

I finally have decided that when we remodel, the cabinets in the mudroom need to be the same as the cabinets in the kitchen because the two areas are visually open to one another and share the same flooring, and I think if I do them the same, the mudroom will appear as an extension of the kitchen. If I do cheaper materials in the mudroom, I think it will cheapen my kitchen.

Anyway, (finally getting to the point here), I don't think I'm going to like the look of the lockers being tall cabinets without doors. I want the shoe section at the bottom to be deeper than the upper.

I have a call in to my GC to see if we can do the office wall from the kitchen cabs and maybe have his finish carpenter build the locker wall on site, then stain them to match my cabinets. (cabs from deWils where I'm ordering come pre-finished.)

Would love to see mudroom pics of either type, but especially if you have cabinet company ones that you're happy with.

Thanks, Anita

Comments (7)