SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djhinva

Counters in!! well, just 2/3rds

Heritage Chrome
11 years ago

HOW does this happen??? I kept thinking that the fabricator would do things right (since the GC And KD haven't communicated, but they do have me to chase everything down for them and act as the liaison)...the fabricator does this all the time. Right?? And he did..or so it seemed. He came, he measured, he measured twice, we talked about the edge and style (since it hadn't been communicated to him..um yeah). and he was gone in a swirl of Turkish cigarette smoke. And I had hope. I had dreams. My hard-won/searched/bartered-for brushed black pearl arriving on time, and with a beautiful edge, floating effortlessly atop my creamed shaker cabinets with the proper molding (reordered) and beautiful brushed nickle pulls (wrong finish initially sent, returned and replaced). ahh...I was so full of hope, leaving my frantic office today to arrive home to.....CHAOS! a roomful of men, frowning. Not one would meet my eye. Working to finish what they could. One on the phone, with counter measurements in front of him, speaking in tongues (sorry, Turkish I'm getting carried away.). Shattered. Dreams. Damn! (sorry) Darn!

Why, why, why, why, why, why, oh why? is everything a chore and hassle. We' hiring professionals. we're paying ten's of thousands??? Why can't it be right!?!?!?

so. One piece miss-measured. Could have (should have) been caught. I mean really 21" counter width?? C'mon. Someone somewhere out of all the eyes that should look at those measurements would say: Hey! Wait a sec. this indicates 21" where surely it's at least 25" (counter width) since it's drawn beyond the width of the counter? Right??

No? really?

No need to try to understand. What's here is beautiful. We'll just wait for that final piece (which they better have!!!!!) OMG..what if they don't have more slab?

Where's my wine. My rant is over.

Thank you..I'll be here all week.

Deborah

Comments (8)