SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acdesignsky

$2000 Eames Office chair...gulp

acdesignsky
12 years ago

Oh no, I have fallen in love with this Eames office chair. I am not normally a fan of modern furniture, but this is an exception. Home office chairs, in general, are pretty ugly. DH has gone through at least 6 office chairs in the past 5 years. He works from home at least 30 hrs a week, plus watches movies and shows on the computer. It is also, at least for now, my computer and the only desktop Mac in the house, so the chair gets lots of use. I'm tired of buying $200 Office Depot ugly chairs that are never really comfortable and fall apart in a matter of months, so I began looking at commercial options. Sturdy, but UGLY.

Then I saw this chair and though I tried to put it out of my mind, it keeps showing up everywhere. We're beginning a major home office remodel and "office chair" is on the Must Buy list. I am sure DH would rather spend the money on technology, but form and function may win me over.

Any experience with Eames chairs? Are they worth the expense? I would hate to pay $2000 for a chair that needed to be replaced EVER, much less in a couple of years.

Comments (32)