SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
black_thumb

Help me choose please

black-thumb
15 years ago

Hi I posted this over in Entertainment but only to people responded Thanks Linda C and Carla35! Maybe because its the weekend?

I was hoping to get some opinions on my christmas setting. I was around last year trying to decide on which chargers to get.(thanks to those who did some photo shopping for me!) I have done a few different table set ups for you all to judge. The look I want to go for is traditional red and green with plaids, berries and pinecones. However I do want to dress it up so that its not too country style. I want to add a little glamour. The table is set up for four but imagine it set up for eight so there would be a second center centerpiece and one more hurricane set up.

I don't really have to ask about the red chargers because they are too dark. More maroon really. With the dinnerware I have I would need a much lighter red color.

So here are my questions:

1. Which table cloth color looks best?

Green, red or white

2. What color candles should I use with the center centerpiece?

White, green, red, gold, silver, cream

3. What color candles if any should I use with the taller hurricanes?

White, green, red, gold, silver, cream

4. How does the silver silverware work with the gold?

I am concerned about this but I don't have the money this year to purchase gold silverware.

My thoughts... my goal is to keep the traditional christmas look.

The green is very elegant but does it take away from the traditional look?

The red does still hold the christmas tone but will I like it after an hour, two? It does stand out, of course that tissue paper is a bright red. Maybe I will go buy a yard or two of a deeper red material. See if its still so bold.

The white is a safe color but seems to still need something to make the table sing. I was thinking a long rectangular mirror under the centerpieces.

I'm still not sure which to go with.

Finally the pics!Please ignor the mess in the backround

Green table cloth

Red table cloth

White table cloth

Comments (10)