SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

Library wall bookcase suggestions...

Robbi D.
14 years ago

I have a room next to my kitchen that I'd like to make into a "library". One end has a piano and the other has a fireplace. We're in the process of putting in wainscoting and really want to add some bookcases to give it more of a library feel. Originally I was going to put them around the fireplace, similar to the freestanding ones in the pictures, but with all the molding around the fireplace, that is going to be too difficult. What about putting them on the wall where the window is? Furniture wise, everything you see will be moved to the basement and I plan on 4 chairs with a common coffee table in the middle. Do you think the bookcases will make it look too crowded? I want cozy, but not crowded. I do plan on repainting, so that will change, too.

Here is the wall with the fireplace (bookcases are only temporary), and please excuse the mess. There is a walkway between the cabinet on the left and the stone column.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the other end of the room. To the right of the piano is the entrance from the foyer.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)