SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janealexa_gw

trim & ceiling color to go w/sw nomadic desert - please help!

janealexa
12 years ago

I know this is a paint question, but I think I will get more responses here...

We are choosing SW Nomadic Desert for our wall color (a medium beige color). For most of the house the floor will be natural red oak floor except for the bathrooms which will have beige faux travertine porcelain tile. The doors are dark stained wood like our cabinets. We have 10 foot ceilings, some areas are tray ceilings.

Trim will be @ baseboard and around doors. There is no trim around the windows, but there will be wood windowsills which will be stained the same as the dark stained doors.

Now my question is, what color(s) should be the ceiling and trim be?

I originally wanted white ceilings and white trim.

However, my painter is suggesting to go 2 shades lighter for the ceiling (Divine white, the lightest color on the strip). He is also suggesting to go the same wall color on the trim but a different finish. He said the walls would be like an eggshell and the trim would be like a semi-gloss. Thus they would look a little different from each other. He feels the white ceilings and white trim would be too much contrast.

What would you do? If you have any pics related to this, please post! I need to make a decision this weekend.

THANK YOU!!

Comments (37)