SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrice607

Need help! Want craftsman look on my ranch

patrice607
13 years ago

I have a 1969 u shaped ranch in a neighborhood where every 5th house looks like mine. :( I am going to reside with James Hardie Fibercement board and I want to add some Craftsman touches to help distinguish my home from the others. I am posting several pics. All the old warped cedar shakes are coming off. I'm planning to put brackets/corbels next to the roof line and under the garden window. I want to change out the straight beam over the entry for a curved beam. I'll be adding craftsman style flower boxes where the metal ones are now. The gables will be board and batten style with a broad band all around. I considered shakes just on the gables, but there are several in the neighborhood that have done that. The rest of the house will be horizontal boards. Craftsman style garage door, front door and lights. Need help choosing colors and input on how to improve curb appeal. One challenge is that my front door doesn't face the street so I will do that in a contrasting color to draw attention to it. All comments/ suggestions/photoshoppers greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Exterior remodel

Comments (9)