SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medha_nanal

Seeking rug advice for one continuous LR-DR

homey_bird
12 years ago

Hi,

We have one continuous stretch of living and dining rooms -- not just open to each other, but in the same room, in a 16x25 area. This also happens to share space with our "entry" since our house has no formal entry. The entry door is in the middle of the LR and DR, with Dining to the left and Living to the right as you enter.

I am in the process of getting hardwood flooring and am very interested in getting the advice from all the folks on this forum on what sort of rug(s) I should have for my area. Currently my plan is to leave the entry area without a cover, but I am open to considering an alternative.

-- Should I use exact same types of rugs with similar color combination on both the LR and DR sides? If I were to put two different colors and patterns would they compete with each other?

-- Another option for me is to get a base layer of neutral, solid rugs on both sides, (individually cut, not one continuous expanse) and use a colorful rug on the LR side, over the base layer, to add definition.

Comments (6)