SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

My sickness is kicking in.....I want to re-paint my kitchen cabs!

reno_fan
16 years ago

I know, I know. I *just* finished the dumb kitchen.

Call it an occupational hazard; I see so many lovely homes every week for work, and I always see something I love. I showed a house that had the most stunning golden glazed cabinets. They weren't your typical cream with brown glaze, but rather a very warm yellow glaze.

Add that to the fact that I felt so rushed to get this kitchen done, that I didn't really get a chance to think through (read: obsess) all the choices I was making.

DH has informed that under NO circumstances will we *ever* remove the saltillo floor. There's just too much of it.

My dilemma is that the white color I chose for the cabinets seems too white with my floor. I've tried changing light bulbs, I've tried experimenting with different accessories, and the fact remains that I still think it's a bit off, and a bit too stark every time I walk into the kitchen.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cabinets posted above. I know I could pull off the same effect. But I'm wondering if I could still get away with my black and white backsplash if I had yellow glazed cabinets? Because that backsplash is also here to stay. DH got a murderous look in his eye when I mentioned the possibility of replacing it!

I do love the classic look of yellow black and white. And I'd leave all of my trim white in the kitchen to bring it all together.

What say you?

Comments (50)