SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fivefootzero

New front door...what color lighting?

15 years ago

Hi:

I've posted a few times but mostly lurk. I wanted to get some advice as I can't decide and DH is useless in this department (doesn't require heavy lifting or reaching for something high).

We are building a front porch, we resided the front (Certainteed light maple) with white trim. We got a new front door, it's a very dark cranberry (almost brown) and we purchased satin nickle hardware. I love how everything looks on the door.

My question is this: does the lighting have to match the hardware? Would it drive anyone nuts if it didn't (besides me)? The lighting I'm speaking of would be a hanging pendant in the entryway, and 2 lights flanking the garage. I ask this because there really is a limited amount to choose from (besides the normal everyday traditional items, which are fine, but I'd love to do something different, somewhat whimsical and fresh)in brushed nickle.

Pictures are attached for your reference (don't mind the mess though). The door color and wall color in the first photo are a bit more yellow then they actually are (the walls are BM Rich Cream). The area beneath the siding on the garage and along the bottom facing sides of the porch will be stone, tans with some burgundy thrown in.

Thanks for any and all advice...

Front Door:

Front of house:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars256 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz