SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sserra85

Living room furniture help and how to add color

sserra85
11 years ago

Good mornimg GW. If you remember my last post I was in a very bad place; totally lost, and at a standstill with my home decor/furnishing. I got over the hump by finding some fabulous striped hooks for my entryway. I bought an inexpensive jute rug, a far cry from the flatweave I was pining for, but I think it works nonetheless. The best part is that I feel no guilt for buying it, even if the dog destroys it.

I'm stuck on chairs for the living room. I have a chesterfield sofa, and my original idea was to down play the formality of it with clean lined chairs. I can't seem to find anything in my price range without more tufting (overstock, wayfair, etc). Is that all thats out there? Sure seems like it.

Do I get two matching chairs or two different ones? Do I even need two? should I be looking for one larger chair and perhaps an ottoman?

Now I think the rug does a good job of toning down the sofa, but I worry that the space may become too beachy casual.

Lastly, how do I add color? It's all looking pretty bland. Are colored pillows enough?

Here are the changes planned for the room:

that brown cabinet will be removed. Built-ins, painted white will flank the fireplace, the trunk will be relocated. The kitchen is white, with a marble top and is open to the family room.

Stacy

Comments (27)