SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Would you use the same light fixture for both locations ?

purrus
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm about two weeks away from finishing our kitchen renovation. (I CAN'T WAIT!!!) The last decision I have to make is pendant lights over the peninsula (2) and over the sink (1).

Here's the kitchen, prior to countertop install

Counters will be alaska white quartz:

I've found a fixture I love, from West Elm. It's mercury glass finish, but not quite the most typical mercury glass look so it'd be hard to find a fixture that was a different shape but hda the same finish:

Another view:

I'm also a little unsure whether these pendants (which are 10.5 inches in diameter) will be too big for either location--my peninsula is only 58" long.

Basically I'm unsure whether I should use a different fixture over the sink, which will be under the window, than over the peninsula. They are perpendicular to each other, but not far apart. Would it be too matchy-matchy to use the same one, or should I go for something different? (I've tried to avoid matchy-matchiness throughout this remodel, using different finishes for different things.)

And, if I go for a different one, can you guys recommend a fixture that will coordinate with the one I've chosen from West Elm?

I did see one on overstock--I cn't get the picture to save due to the zoom function, so I have linked it below. I like it, but the reviews are meh... and I'm not sure it really coordinates that well with the one from West Elm.

Help!!! I need to get this figured out in the next couple of days, since the electrician will finish his work early next week.

Here is a link that might be useful: mercury glass light from Overstock

Comments (30)