SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Painted oak cabinets - does this look like Edgecomb Gray?

juddgirl2
10 years ago

Does the color on these painted cabinets below look like similar to BM Edgecomb Gray?

I received some great feedback about my kitchen and decided to paint my oak cabinets. They're great quality and have all the custom inserts that work well for us right now. Painted cabinets and new appliances will make me happy until we decide whether to do a big remodel later.

Originally, I planned on using SW Antique White to match my trim but it was pointed out that a gray might work better since my granite appears to have a pink undertone (it's gold, tan and black but also a taupey gray).

I thought a warm gray like Edgecomb Gray or Manchester Tan might work with the granite counters/backsplash and the yellow-toned Antique White trim and Believable Buff walls in the kitchen and adjoining rooms (I'm open to repainting the kitchen but not the other rooms).

So - I found this inspiration photo of painted oak cabinets on Houzz. They seem to be more of a gray color and I know they have a dark brown glaze pinstriping. I like these cabinets so much I'm considering using a glaze like DH prefers, even though I didn't want to accentuate the cathedral arch on the uppers :-)

Inspiration kitchen - cabinet color?

Traditional Kitchen by Atlanta Kitchen & Bath Designers Creative Cabinets and Faux Finishes. LLC

My kitchen, soon to have painted cabinets and stainless steel appliances!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by juddgirl2 on Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 2:16

Comments (18)