SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debndulcy

slipcover/drapery weight fabric for duvet cover?

debndulcy
12 years ago

After what seems like an eternity looking for fabric to make a duvet cover which will coordinate with my bedroom rug, newly painted walls and connected bath - I found and purchased some I love in just the right colors and design... but now am concerned about the weight of the fabric (it's 55% linen and 45% rayon, such as used for making slipcovers or drapes). Does anyone have experience with this and have any advice? I've made covers in sheet weight before successfully, and not concerned about working with bulk or pattern in sewing - but about the weight or softness - or way it will lay or fall on top of the softness of the quilt.

I've thought about making a bedspread with it, but haven't seen any of them around in a while (though I don't shop for this stuff often). And thought of making a coverlet, sewing it to batting, covering both sides. I had planned plan to make a new bedskirt as well.

Dry cleaning of the fabric is recommended, though I expect to test launder a piece before I get started, to be sure what my choices are later.

Thank you in advance for advice or suggestions; I'm anxious to finally finish this project!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm