SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wags848

Help Me Pick a Wall Color for My New Fireplace Surround!

wags848
11 years ago

A chimney leak has turned into an entire family room remodel for us(see the history in my thread "Help Me Pick a New Fireplace Surround"). We're ready to paint before the new fireplace surround goes up, & I'm struggling to find a wall color that works.

The new surround is a beige cast stone with an overmantel (picture below but ours will be a lighter color). I have one leg to the surround (see photo), and there is a pink undertone to the material that is really making it difficult for me to find the right color.

I thought a light khaki would be nice & tried SW Relaxed Khaki; it goes too green. I've also considered SW Kilim Beige & SW Believable Buff (see photo)....just not "feelin' the love." I feel like I've exhausted the whole Sherwin Williams pallette & now have the Porter color wheel but am already stuck.

Can you awesome color gurus please help me? What else should I consider? I want to keep the room light, bright, warm, & cheery (we just had the floor-to-ceiling dark bricks removed & don't want another "light sucking" room). I want some contrast between the wall and the surround, but not too extreme. Our kitchen half wall that overlooks the step-down family room is Porter Riesling; want a color that flows with it since we see both colors from our kitchen.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Wags

Comments (10)