SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stinky_gardener

Walk in shower vs. footed tub?

stinky-gardener
13 years ago

I posted this over on Bathrooms, but would really like to hear what y'all have to say about this:

I have a dated (1987) large master bath with one of those gigantic jetted tubs. We've been in the house over 4 yrs. & have never used the thing once. To top it off, it has a step attatched to it covered in carpet. That's right. A furry step. It's gross.

Here's my question. If you were re-doing the space, would you place another tub there, perhaps a footed tub? Or, would you use the ample space for a tiled, walk in shower?

The room does have one of those small, "plastic" shower stalls with a door. Guess if I went with a shower I could turn that small shower into a shelving unit or something.

In addition, it may be helpful to know that I am planning to rip out the bath tub with plastic surround in my guest bathroom very soon. I plan to put in a soaking tub there with a tile surround. Is one nice tub per household sufficient, or should each full-sized bathroom have a tub/shower option of some configuration?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (21)