SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dee42_gw

what color goes with purple wall

dee42
12 years ago

Recently I painted an accent wall with Benjamin Moore "Purple Lotus" -- this is in a living room with north facing windows and the purple wall is opposite the windows. The other 3 walls are Benjamin Moore "Putnam Ivory". The trim is Benjamin Moore "Simply White."

In the room are 2 Rowe chairs, (same upholstry color as the Purple Lotus), a Natuzzi leather sofa in camel color leather, a medium dark wood Hooker console, and 2 end tables and a large coffee table in the same wood color, as well as an area rug in the same Purple Lotus color.

My dilemna is: I don't feel the Putnam Ivory is complimentary to the Purple Lotus and would love some direction to other paint colors that would go with the accent wall.

The room faces north and I LOVE the purple -- just can't seem to find other colors to compliment it. So, I'm turning to the color experts here to help with some colors.

I'd considered Benjamin Moore "Pale Moon" a medium yellow, but again, don't think it compliments the purple.

I have no means to link pictures, so hopefully the descriptions I've given will be of help. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Comments (11)